OJPM Exhibitor Door Prize – 4 1/2” Integral Hunter custom Helton Knife and sheath
SPECIAL OKLAHOMA SHERIFFS’ ASSOCIATION EDITION
OJPM is privileged to provide chaplain services to 13 facilities in 12 Oklahoma counties through memorandums of understanding with each county sheriff and/or board of commissioners.
For 28 years Oklahoma sheriffs have looked to OJPM for ministry resources, support, training, best practices and partnership in carrying out their responsibilities with their county jails.
The 2019 Oklahoma Sheriffs’ Association Annual Training Conference and Exposition, August 5-9th, at the Reed Conference Center in Midwest City, Oklahoma, is a great time of communicating with sheriffs, jail administrators and staff from across the state.
There are seven key ways that OJPM helps a county jail run more effectively and efficiently:
– Support spiritual needs of staff and inmates
– Represent the Sheriff in a positive way through community volunteers
– Provide trained chaplains that value the Sheriff’s authority, the jail’s security and that promote an abuse-free environment
– Develop clear communication through regular reports and feedback (this proved beneficial in a previous legal action to support a county)
– Coordinates a comprehensive response to the rights of inmates to request spiritual advise (note – people in the community do not have a right to enter the jail to share their beliefs)
– Create consultation package available to any sheriff and/or jail administrator (on-site visit, spiritual needs survey, county religious demographics, review visitation guidelines and written assessment)
– Certify an existing chaplain program and/or assist in gearing up a new chaplain program
County commissioners, sheriffs and jail administrators have a standing invitation to attend our annual volunteer appreciation banquet which this year will be held Friday, September 27th at 6 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 301 N. E. 27th, Moore, Oklahoma. See RSVP information in insert box below. Each attendee will receive our newest challenge coin and hear inspirational stories of how OJPM is transforming people on both sides of the bars.
Unleashing the captives,